Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I'm Still Alive!


Well January 23rd, and I’m sitting in the Brisbane Domestic Airport killing time before a red-eye flight back across the vast, and fire-scorched continent that is Australia. A lot has happened since my last post, so I apologize for the lack of up-to-date action over the last two months.

What has happened, you asked? Well let’s see… in early December Nigel, Bruce, and I managed to beat and lose the Western Australia “Twitchathon” record in one day(i.e. a 24-hour race to see as many bird species as possible). Immediately following that I met up with my ol’ roadtrip partner in crime, Jukka Jantunen (along with his father Pertti), and together we took a month off to roar across the southern and northeastern regions in an effort to see 500+ bird species (among many other things). And finally, the last two weeks (into January now), saw me adventuring around the North Island of New Zealand with some old friends from the Otago days.

Of course you’ll have to stay tuned for more details on all those stories. I hope to have most of that updated before I head off to Malaysian Borneo in February. Yes, this gentle giant of a “work holiday” just keeps strolling along.

No comments:

Post a Comment